Navigation

V E R S E   O F   T H E   D A Y



Eulogia Christian Banner Exchange

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Kansas University Display "Religiously Hostile" Sculpture

Washburn University displays a publicly-funded statue, selected by the Campus Beautification Committee, entitled "Holier than Thou." The statue depicts a Phallus-headed Roman Catholic bishop. An inscription reads "I was brought up Catholic. I remember being 7 and going into the dark confessional booth for the first time. I knelt down, and my face was only inches from the thin screen that separated me and the one who had the power to condemn me for my evil ways. I was scared to death, for on the other side of that screen was the persona you see before you."

The
Thomas More Law Center has filed a petition with the United States Supreme Court, asking a review of the First Amendments' protection against hostility towards religion.

The President and Chief Counsel for the Law Center, Richard Thompson, noted "Apparently, the Establishment Clause protects atheists and secular humanists, but affords no comparable protection for Christians. This disturbing trend in our federal courts must be reversed."

Law Center Asks U.S. Supreme Court to Take Up Hostility to Religion Case

No comments: