Navigation

V E R S E   O F   T H E   D A Y



Eulogia Christian Banner Exchange

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Baseball Chaplain Suspended for Openly Professing Christian Faith

"I am the way, the truth and the life; no one comes to the Father, but by me."
- Jesus (John 14:5-6)

"Whoever acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge him before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before men, I will disown him before my Father in heaven."
- Jesus (Matthew 10:32-33)

Jon Moeller was the chaplain for the Washington Nationals baseball team and a member of the Baseball Chapel Christian ministry. When outfielder Ryan Church asked the question "Are Jews doomed because they don't believe in Jesus?" Moeller answered as any Christian devoted to Jesus Christ. Moeller answered yes with a nod of his head and was suspended, pending the outcome of an "investigation."

His answer has been labeled "hate speech" and "intolerance." Rabbi Shmuel Herzfeld of the Ohev Sholom Talmud Torah, synagogue, stated "The Nationals did a good job about bringing hate into the locker room."

Rev. Richard Land of the Southern Baptist Convention said "The worst this chaplain could be convicted of is ascribing to orthodox Christian historic faith, which is what I would think you would want from a Christian chaplain."

Team Chaplain Gets Ejected for Jesus

Nationals respond quickly to Jesus talk

Nats' Church Apologizes for Remarks About Jews

No comments: