Navigation

V E R S E   O F   T H E   D A Y



Eulogia Christian Banner Exchange

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Italian Atheist Files Lawsuit to Provide Jesus a Myth

Luigi Cascioli, an outspoken atheist, has filed a lawsuit in Italian courts claiming the Roman Catholic Church has broken Italian laws by claiming that Jesus exists. "I started this lawsuit because I wanted to deal the final blow against the Church, the bearer of obscurantism and regression," Cascioli stated. The defendant, Enrico Righi, a Roman Catholic Priest in his 70s, noted, "We were in seminary together. Then he took a different path and we didn't see each other anymore. Since I'm a priest, and I write in the parish newspaper, he is now suing me because I 'trick' the people."

Did Jesus exist? Italian court to decide

Did Jesus exist? Case dismissed

No comments: