Navigation

V E R S E   O F   T H E   D A Y



Eulogia Christian Banner Exchange

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

"Son of Hope" (aka "Son Of Sam") Book Scheduled for September

David Berkowitz was a serial killer, terrorizing the streets of New York City during the late 1970's. His nickname came from a note, left at a crime scene, reading: "I am a monster. I am the Son of Sam." Involved in the occult, witchcraft and Satanism, he claimed that a dog ordered him to commit these killings. According to Berkowitz, "I am utterly convinced that something satanic had entered into my mind and that, looking back at all that happened, I realize that I had been slowly deceived. "

In 1987, after listening to the Christian testimony of a fellow inmate, God entered into his life through the reading of Psalm 34:6 "this poor man cried, and the Lord heard him, and saved him from all his troubles". In his prison cell, David Berkwitz turned his life over to God - "I told Him that I was sick and tired of doing evil. I asked Jesus to forgive me for all my sins. I spent a good while on my knees praying to Him. When I got up it felt as if a very heavy but invisible chain that had been around me for so many years was broken. A peace flooded over me. I did not understand what was happening. But in my heart I just knew that my life, somehow, was going to be different."

In September 2005, Morning Star Communications will public the testimony of David Berkowiz in the book, "Son of Hope: The Prison Journals of David Berkowitz, Volume 1." Berkowitz will receive no money for the sale of the book, but a portion of the sales will go to New York State Crime Victims Board for distribution to the victims of David's crimes.

'Son of Sam' Book to Be Published in Sept

No comments: