Navigation

V E R S E   O F   T H E   D A Y



Eulogia Christian Banner Exchange

Friday, February 25, 2005

Spokesperson for "No Name Calling Week" says to "religious right" - "Drop dead!"

The mayor of Pittsburgh, Tom Murphy, did not realize his support of the public school "No Name Calling Week" (NNCW) meant he was supporting a program developed by the New York city-based Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network (GLSEN). He discovered that some of his constituents were not in favor of this program.

The national spokesperson for NNCW, Kevin Jennings (also the president of GLSEN), demonstrated his position on name calling during a 2000 speech at Marble Collegiate Church - "We have to quit being afraid of the religious right. We also have to quit -- ... I'm trying to find a way to say this. I'm trying not to say, '[F---] ' me! Which is what I want to say, because I don't care what they think! Drop dead!"

Anti-bully stance sparks trouble

No comments: